Thursday, October 18, 2007

Praying for Perseverance

I was reading James 1:2-4 yesterday.

"Consider pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Many times we pray that troubles and trials will go away but these are the ones that will strengthen our faith and develop greater perseverance. Ultimately, that we may be mature and complete.

So I thought, perhaps I should start praying such a prayer today:

"Lord, help me to consider it pure joy when I face trials of many kinds, because I know that the testing of my faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that I may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

2 comments:

Lee Chee Keat said...

wah, wat a transformation from a choleric, ha ha;p

pearlie said...

Hey ... that IS a choleric speaking ... phlegmatic would have said: "ok, whatever"

a melancholic : "do i have to, ok... I guess I should ... but then what if ... and then ... moreover ... "

and a sanguine: "let's do it! yeahhhh... go lee mei! go lee mei! go lee mei!"

;)