Friday, November 9, 2007

Bonus

This month is one of me and my colleagues' favourite month. It's bonus time!!! I have already started spending even before the real cash comes in...as I would normally say..."aiyah...just charge it to bonus la..."

This time's bonus will be slightly different because there are people that I really care about and want to support them financially. I know this time, there won't be much for myself to enjoy. The idea of how to apportion the money this time really makes me think how I can use the money God has blessed me with. Hopefully this round, I will use it wisely.

There's so much we can do with our money. But what makes money more meaningful and fulfilling is how we use it to bless others. Yes, no doubt it's nice to splurge on myself but strangely enough, the inner sense of satisfaction is even greater when I put aside my own wanting and spend my money on other people in need. Wonder if you have experienced something I did?

2 comments:

tracyfoo said...

hi lee mei, you are really writing abt bonus...! yes, agree with you about apportion bonus for meaningful use with love ones. when i was single and young, i used to splurge my bonus ( after hefty cut to my mom) on material stuff i yearn for the year...now that i am with family of my own, and extended family as well..ie the in laws...i did think twice of spending away my bonus. keeping it for the kids, for raining days...etc etc... and you will realise 'for me'eventually... last in the list!
fong mee

Lee Mei said...

Thanks, Fong Mee for sharing your thoughts. True enough, I'm going through a phase where I begin to realise that what I have is not always for me. The older I grow, the more I realise that. And that itself is not an easy thought to respond to. At one hand, I am tempted to keep the money for myself. But when you've made the decision to give it to others, and do it, the sense of joy is greater. Having said that, I've still learning to give.